Golf Rates, Safety Guidelines and Policies
Are there safety measures Kohler is taking to ensure the safety of our golfing guests?
Yes, the following measures have been implemented to ensure the health and well-being of our guests:
- Golf carts will be allowed on the River, Meadow Valleys and Irish Courses but are restricted to one player per cart. The only time two players can ride in the same cart is if they reside in the same living unit. Carts will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Social Distancing Requirements must always be observed, unless players reside in the same living unit.
- Capacity will be restricted in the golf shop. All transactions will be credit card or room charge, no cash will be accepted.
- Tee times will be spaced to avoid congestion on the course.
- Driving ranges and putting greens will be open. Set up of these facilities will ensure social distancing occurs.
- All water coolers and water stations will be turned off or removed.
- All ball washing stations will be removed.
- Flagsticks will always remain in the hole and the pins will be modified so the ball does not fall to the bottom of the hole.
- Bulk scorecard, tee and pencil dispensers will be removed. Items will be available upon request.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the property, including on the golf course.
- To provide the safest and most gracious experience, guests at all Destination Kohler properties will be required to wear facial coverings or masks in all indoor public areas. Facial coverings and masks must cover both mouth and nose.
- Are caddies available?
Yes, bag carrying caddies and forecaddies are available on all four courses. Caddies are not required on The Straits at Whistling Straits during the 2020 golf season.
See caddie safety/social distancing protocol
- Will the driving range and putting greens be open?
Yes, the driving range and putting greens are open and will are adjusted to ensure social distancing.
- When should I arrive for my tee time?
We ask that you arrive no more than one hour prior to your tee time.
- Will the golf shops be open for retail purchases?
Yes, the golf shops are open with limited occupancy to ensure social distancing.
Twilight, Replay and Special Rates
Twilight rates are available at 30% off rack rate 4½ hours prior to National Weather Service official sunset.
Super twilight rates are available at 45% off rack rate 2½ hours prior to National Weather Service official sunset.
Replay rates are available with walk-on availability for 45% off rack rate after completion of one 18-hole round on same day.
Special rates are available at 45% off rack rate on all four Destination Kohler golf courses for junior golfers (17 years of age or under at time of reservation) who are accompanied by a paying adult.
Special rates are available on The Irish at Whistling Straits and The River and Meadow Valleys at Blackwolf Run for active military and up to three guests on Armed Forces Day as well as the holiday weekends of Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day. Special rates are also available November 1 to course closing on The Irish at Whistling Straits and The Original Championship Course at Blackwolf Run.
Other Golf Fees
- Caddie fee $70 per person. Nine-hole caddie fee $40 per person. Paid in golf shop at check-in.
- Caddie gratuity $50 per bag recommended. Feel free to give more or less depending upon the level of service provided during the round. Paid to caddie at end of round.
- Caddies are recommended but not required at Whistling Straits during the 2020 golf season. Caddies are available upon request at Blackwolf Run®.
- Caddies typically carry two bags.
- In an effort to promote pace of play as well as the safety and health of our caddies, golfers should travel with a single-strap carry bag weighing less than 25 pounds. If your bag does not meet these requirements, you may be asked to use a provided change out bag.
- Forecaddie fee $40 per person. Paid in golf shop at check-in.
- Forecaddie gratuity $30 per bag recommended. Feel free to give more or less depending upon the level of service provided during the round. Paid to forecaddie at end of round.
- One forecaddie will service a foursome on The Irish, The Meadow Valleys and The River.
- Forecaddies will help locate your golf ball, obtain yardages, maintain the course, attend the flagstick and help you in any way they can to further enhance your golf experience.
- Golf cart fee $40 per person
- Twilight golf cart fee $20 per person
- Golf carts not available on The Straits
- Golf carts available on The Irish but limited to cart paths
- Pull cart fee $15 per person
- Pull carts available on The Straits during twilight hours
Golf Club Rental
- Golf club rental $90 per person
- Callaway and Titleist clubs are available upon request
- Rental sets include two sleeves of golf balls and a 15 percent discount toward the purchase of Callaway and Titleist irons or woods
2020 Golf Reservation Policies
The Meadow Valleys and The River: Golf reservations are accepted at any time by hotel and nonhotel guests for the 2020 golf season.
The Irish: Golf reservations are accepted at any time by hotel and nonhotel guests for the 2020 golf season.
The Straits: Golf reservations are open for booking prior to August 17 and after October 11, 2020, with no additional rounds or hotel stay requirements. Additional round and/or stay requirements may apply for advanced booking reservations from August 17 to October 11, 2020.
All tee times must be guaranteed with a major credit card. Hotel guests will be required to make a deposit equal to one night’s stay plus tax when making a reservation. Nonhotel guests will not be required to make a deposit. For reservations May 1 to October 31, hotel and golf cancellations or reductions must be received seven days in advance to avoid penalties. For reservations from course opening to April 30 and November 1 to course closing, hotel and golf cancellations or reductions must be received 72 hours in advance to avoid penalties. All rates are per person plus tax when appropriate.
During the 2020 golf season, the operations and championship teams will be preparing the course and surrounding areas for the 2020 Ryder Cup, which will be hosted on The Straits Course the 25th–27th of September. Because of the preparation, please be aware that there may be construction activities on The Straits and Irish Courses during play. We will do our best to minimize any inconvenience and hope you enjoy the experience.
Rain Check Policy
During inclement weather conditions, cancellations will be accepted until the time of play. Rainy weather itself may not dictate the closing of the course. Rain checks will be issued for holes not completed due to inclement weather. Refunds will not be issued.
Policies subject to change without notice.
Rates and policies listed apply for the 2020 golf season and do not include Wisconsin sales tax or gratuity.