Lodging Safety Guidelines
General Property Information
Enhanced cleaning protocols using chemicals recommended by the CDC for social spaces and all functional areas, specifically focused on high touch surfaces.
Public spaces are arranged to encourage and support proper social distancing as recommended by CDC.
All staff members will take part in training that outlines expected protocols including personal protective equipment, social distancing, hygiene, and active sanitization operating procedures.
All staff members and guests will be requested to practice safe, six-foot social distancing from other groups, specifically while standing in lines, using elevators, or moving about the property. Our associates will observe and offer reminders when needed for the safety of everyone.
Sanitation stations available throughout the hotel.
**We continue to monitor CDC recommendations and state protocols to ensure our guest and staff members safety**
- To provide the safest and most gracious experience, guests at all Destination Kohler properties will be required to wear facial coverings or masks in all indoor public areas. Facial coverings and masks must cover both mouth and nose.
- All guests will have their temperature checked prior to entering the hotel.
- Arrival and departure process have been modified to reduce guest and staff contact.
- Cloth face coverings are available to all guests upon arrival.
- All guests will receive a one-time use curb side menu of Destination Kohler dining options.
- All Destination Kohler activity information and Kohler Home purchases are available on the in-room tablets.
Transportation and Valet
- Valet service is currently unavailable. Guests will be directed to self-parking options.
- Luggage assistance is available upon arrival and departure. Luggage carts will be sanitized between each transport.
- Staff members will not open doors of taxis, buses or cars.
- On-demand shuttle services are available within the Village of Kohler.
- Whistling Straits shuttles operate hourly. Shuttles leave the Village of Kohler at the top of the hour and will depart from Whistling Straits at the bottom of each hour.
- All guest transportation vehicles will be sanitized between each transport.
- Seating capacity limited due to social distancing requirements. Please note transportation times may be slightly extended.
- All associates will wear CDC suggested personal protective equipment.
Guest Room Housekeeping
- Items such as decorative pillows and office supplies have been removed from the guestroom.
- Three levels of housekeeping service will be offered. No service, modified service with limited touch and full-service only upon request and performed when the guest is not in the room.
- Bed linen will not be changed daily, unless upon guest request.
- After departure, guest rooms will be left vacant for 24 hours, when occupancy allows. During this time, protocols of deep cleaning and sanitization will occur of linens and all surfaces and touchpoints (door handles, light switches, clocks, hangers) using chemicals suggested by the CDC.
- Housekeeping requests for as-needed items items such as toiletries, towels, linens or additional coffee will be delivered without a Housekeeper entering the room.
- Turn down service will be available only upon request.
- Refreshment center items are available upon request and will be delivered to guest room.
Public Areas Housekeeping
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided to guests and staff members in public areas.
- Consistent rounds of sanitization and rigid protocols are performed on an ongoing basis by staff members in personal protective equipment. This includes all high touch, solid surfaces, door handles, floors and elevators.
- Social space has been appropriately modified to conform with social distancing requirements.
- Each evening, public areas may also be sanitized with ozone generators or electrostatic fogging.
Restaurants, Bars and Lounges
Enhanced cleaning and sanitization guidelines have been implemented including but not limited to:
Proper use and care of required cloth face coverings for all staff members following CDC recommendations
Hand hygiene protocols include washing frequency, no bare hand contact with ready-to-eat food, use of hand sanitizer, and proper glove use
Sick staff members prohibited from the workplace
Heightened procedures and practices to clean and sanitize all surfaces
Food service facility managed by a certified food safety manager
All restaurants and bars have reduced seating to allow for appropriate social distancing between each table and chair.
Single-use menus and GR code menus available.Buffets, guest self-service, and bars have been suspended until further notice. Alternate food service options have been made available.
- Outdoor lounges have reduced seating based on federal and state requirement of social distancing
- Group size occupancy posted and enforced based on federal and state requirements of group gatherings to maximum number of guests
Banquets and Catering
- Meeting and banquet rooms arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing between guests in all meetings and events, based on CDC and state recommendations.
- Buffets, guest self-service, and bars have been suspended until further notice. Alternate food service options are available.
Ice and vending machines are currently unavailable. Ice will be delivered to the guestroom upon request.
Coffee and tea stations are currently unavailable.
- Print magazine and newspaper services have been discontinued throughout the property
Business office is currently unavailable.
- Available as normal, however phone calls are encouraged and preferred over in-person visits.